The DC Hot Spots For The World Cup!
The U.S.A. game against Portugal was watched by more than 24 million people, making it soccer’s most watched game in American TV history. So secure your seat early for any and all of your anticipated World Cup games at one of the below Curbside picks for watching the World Cup in D.C.!!
1. Sequioa My personal pick is Sequioa. The fact that I can’t find this on anyone’s list is shocking. With their huge LED TV screen on their newly revamped outdoor patio with gorgeous river views, everyone should be rushing to grab their seat! This is the spot!! The food and drinks will be a cut above any sports bar. Sequoia’s stellar location makes it easy to continue bar hopping in Georgetown after the game or grab a kayak and go for a celebratory ride on the river afterwards.
3000 K St NW Washington D.C. 20007
2. Redline Gastrolounge This Chinatown drinkery will be serving nationally themed drink specials depending on what countries are hitting the field that day. Get there at the right time and you’ll find yourself at a personal tap table booth where you can pour your own brews. Be sure to check out the chipotle BBQ’d tilapia tacos….yes, please.
707 G Street NW Washington D.C. 20001
3. Penn Social Another Chinatown bar who’s going all out for the World Cup is Penn Social. Fans can enjoy “Fantasy Football” games the day of the matches to really get them in the spirit and numerous drink specials such as 3$ Bud Lights; but it’s really the TWENTY-TWO feet of screen space that makes this location a Curbside DC fave!
801 E. Street NW Washington D.C. 20004
4. Blackfinn The Finn is a great spot to enjoy American bar cuisine and an extensive list of craft beers. It’s the perfect place to meet up with friends and is sure to have a ton of DC natives cheering on their favorite team. The US games have been very spirited here! Finn is packed with TVs so you can catch the game action from multiple angles.
1620 I Street NW Washington D.C.
5. Public Bar I love the vibe at this place for any sporting event. It’s also loaded with TVs. They have a rooftop bar area with rooftop summer specials that include Corona and Pacifico buckets for 20$ Monday – Thursday (which overlaps with the Thursday game!), and orange crush and premium lemonade for $5 each from Thursday – Saturday starting at 8pm. They’ll have a special World Cup menu to go along with the game but are not sharing it publicly – so check them out and see what’s up!
1214B 18th Street Washington D.C. 20036
6. H Street Country Club This is the perfect place for you, if you can’t sit still! H Street Country Club offers a round of (mini) golf with your World Cup match. The bar will be open at noon every day during the World Cup and has the only miniature golf course in all of D.C. You’ll also find 25+ types of tequila, a menu of artisan cocktails changing weekly, and a full menu with vegetarian and vegan options.
1335 H Street, NE Washington, D.C.
Come on, USA!!